Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Ornament

How time flies when your world has been turned upside down.  Since my last post we have  sold our old home, moved to a different state, purchased a new home all for my husband's new job.  Despite what life has thrown my way, my creative spirit still finds a way to shine. Here is one of the many projects going on in my studio. In the past I have made star shaped ornaments, but this year the heart shape was my inspiration.  I really enjoy making this little ornament and thought I would share the techniques on how to make them.  

Here is my supply list: 1) muslin 2) FW Ink red (pick your favorite reds) 3) white acrylic paint 4) textile medium (this helps spread the acrylic paint) 5) Pearlizing Medium  6) Fabric Paint gold color 7) Glamour Dust ultra fine glitter paint 8) Golden Iridescent Gold (Fine) a 1/2 inch flat brush, a vintage pointed nib, and uni-ball Signo white pen.  


Cut your muslin into sheets of 11 x 17, or whatever size you like.




 Then paint the fabric and let it dry.



Using your  brush, nib and pen to create texture with different lettering styles.  While this is drying,  letter the word JOY on a small piece of painted muslin, once dry add a piece of burlap and sew together


Using your heart stencil cut out your shapes, sew everything together and stuff.   


Enjoy making your one of a kind ornament this season.  You can purchase my heart ornament at my Etsy store.  

Your Creative Friend,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment