Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Commision

While at my husbands' Christmas party, I was sharing a few pictures of my calligraphic work, hoping to sell some of my fabric Christmas ornaments.  So, it was indeed a pleasant surprise to receive a commission instead.

My client had just one request, no girly / fancy script.  This request allowed for my artistic interpretations.  My challenge was finding the magic to bring these words to life.   After several attempts at different lettering styles and rough drafts I was still just looking at words.  It was during a conversation with my husband, where I was explaining that the right combinations of lettering styles and artwork would bring the quote to life.  My dear husband made a few suggestions and one of them touched my heart and I knew the direction for this piece.

When my client saw the piece she was brought to tears and had to send me this picture as soon as she had a framed.    What a wonderful Christmas present for me as well!


I love being an artist, student, teacher and connoisseur of Calligraphy - the art of beautiful lettering.

Your Creative Friend
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment